Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meet Layla

This is our baby girl Layla:) Born 2-8-2010 at 5:18pm at just 5lbs 7oz. Screaming from the minute she was born.

My husband was amazing!!!!! Having her made me realize how much I love him. I couldn't do anything for myself or for the baby. The first day I was completely numb from the waist down, and after that I had a nerve stitched into my scar. FUN!!!! I was in sooo much pain but my husband took over and did everything for me a Layla in and out of the hospital.

When they sent us home from the hospital, they scheduled us for an appointment with a Yale Pediatrics Cardiologist. So she went for another Echo and to meet with the Cardiologist Dr Weeks. She explained that our little 5lb baby had a VSD ( hole in the septum of her heart) Valvar Pulmonary Stenosis and Supervalvar Pulmonary Stenosis. She said it probably would just need to be watched over the years and to come back in two weeks. So we did and they did another Echo. This time the doctor sounded a little more concerned but still said they were pretty sure the Echo was overstating the pressure in Layla's heart. Come back in two weeks........So we did and again it was worse. Now they want to do genetic testing and schedule her for a cardiac catheter, come back in a week to meet the Dr and Anesthesia Dr's that will perform the procedure. GREAT! So last friday I went to meet them and sign release forms, the doctor saw that I was visibly upset about having to wait on results from a genetic test, so he had the blood drawn that day.

Now my heart is racing and my little girl is going to get answers but do I really want to know???

No comments:

Post a Comment