Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Diagnosis is Williams Syndrome


This is my beautiful baby girl. Today I got her genetic test results back and it is confirmed she has Williams Syndrome. Although she does show some physical features, she does not carry any of the symptoms. To me, this just makes her even more precious, I loved her the moment I knew she was inside of me and I will love her until the day I'm gone. This is supposed to be the happiest time in my life but instead I'm scared to death of whats to come. Not scared to take on the role of motherhood to a special needs child but scared of all the bad pepole in this world. These kids are so excepting and loving and OVERLY friendly, How d I kow some sick creep isnt going to take advantage and hurt my child? Will she know the difference between good and bad, right and wrong? Will she be able to say no if someone hurts her? I'm new to this and I need HELP to understand what will happen next. If anyone can help me please do! This will be my mental break, This will be where I write my day to day with my beautiful baby girl. This will be where I can hopefully learn how to be a good mom to an exceptional child and love her more than anyone will ever know.
I can't bring myself to go through the entire definition of Williams Syndrome, I've been crying for the past 12 hours. Please follow the link above for now.

6 comments:

  1. I just noticed I had a new blog follower - and was shocked when I saw it was a mother who had a daughter with WS, whose name was Layla!! Are you on FB? I'd love to have you on my friend's list!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I am Tes and I have two beautiful daughters, one is Ava and the other is Lila. Lila has WS and is now 7. I am on FB too and hope you let us all into your heart because you are now a part of "our" world and we will be here for you. Tes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys I have a 4 month old baby boy and Im am feeling like Layla's mom. I've crying all day. I received his test results today. Still crying. this will not stop me from loving my little honey bun Chad.

    ReplyDelete