Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Monday Tuesday and Wednesday













Monday












Met with Dr Mcgrath for Yale Pedi Genetics. Very nice Doctor! So far everyone at Yale has been great to Layla and to me as a nervous and probably seemingly crazy mother :) He gave us th run down on Williams Syndrome, what to expect and some resources, he also said her pediatrician will be able to give more details.






Daddy came home tonight as well!!!!!!!!! Thank GOD! I've missed him and even though shes only two months old, she misses him too! You can tell when she stares at him. Funny this is She fell asleep at 8:30pm, I left at 10:30 to pick him up at the airport, we got home around 1am and she stayed asleep the entire time for my mom. When he and I got home we let her sleep, I woke her up at arounfd 1:45 to let her have her last feeding for the night before the ctah in the morning. If I had let her, she may have slept through the night. Go figure its when my husband comes home she sleeps!






Tuesday












So I let the hubby sleep for 3 almost 4 hours, I got about an hour and so did my mom. We go to St Adeans at 5:30 am and Layla Annabelle was Christened. She looked soooo pretty! MY sister is her god mother, my mom, Rich's mother and my sisters boyfriend came to the Church. Suprise Suprise, She slept through it! and didn't even freak out when Father Shepard poured the water over her head! Soooooo Proud!






From there we went to Yale. If it werent for my Family and my husband, I think I would have gone crazy yesterday. She went with no problem, The Fellow Dr Lee was one of the nicest people, her Nurse Shelley!!!! GREAT! Dr Asnes did the Cath and couldn't have been nicer or more informative! After she was done, they let me follow her up to Pedi ICU, She was soooo groggy my poor lil Baby! But I knew she was in good hands and I felt ok, It wasn't as traumatic for me as I expected :) SHe slept for most of the day, so my husband and I got our naps in. Mom and Stacey left, and we spent the night in the ICU. She would have slept alot better if EVERY NURSE AND DR didnt poke and prod at her ALL night! She did Awesome though! Her nurse said she was a fighter and that when they gave her the gas to put her to sleep she still wouldnt relax her arms until they gave her the paralyzing drugs, then she finally relaxed! She's my little fighter and I know shes going to be just fine after last night! She took everything like a lil Champ! Thank You Yale Pediatric Staff, Pedi ICU, Pedi Cardiology, Pedi Anesthesiologists! You were all amazing and made her comfortable while also staying human when speaking to a very nervous mom! Thank You For taking care of my Baby Girl!












Wednesday






WE ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's a beautiful day! Hubby is sleeping, baby just woke up from a lil nap, Gonna shower and take her for a walk to enjoy this amazing weather. Thank You to EVERYONE ofr your well wishes, thoughts and prayers! You don't know what it means to us! And Layla will hopefully see how much she is loved by everyone. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment